SimplyE - How it works
- Patron downloads free SimplyE app from the iOS App Store or the Google Play Store
- Patron inserts their barcode number and PIN
- Patron searches or browses for a title using the metadata and cover art hosted on the Amigos servers
- When a title is found, a patron clicks on the "Get" or "Listen" button
- Using the library’s ILS, the patron is then authenticated with the e-resource vendor
- If authenticated, SimplyE requests the title from the vendor
- The ebook is downloaded to the patron’s device using the SimplyE app
- Patron opens and reads or listens to the title
- Patrons can put titles on hold and return titles early
- A library collects information about authentication and contacts their ebook and audiobook providers for specific information about their collections.
- Using this information, Amigos Library Services creates a profile on the SimplyE administration site. Metadata and cover art from the providers are then downloaded to Amigos servers.
- The library and Amigos test authentication within the SimplyE environment.
- The library’s name is added to the app for testing purposes.
- When ready, the library's name is added to the public SimplyE app and the library publicizes the SimplyE service to their patrons.
- Ebook and audiobook titles continue to be updated as in the vendor's collections.
Amigos Library Services configures, implements, and supports libraries that would like to use SimplyE.