Library Associate -- Pioneer Library System -- Shawnee, OK
SHAWNEE PUBLIC LIBRARY
101 NORTH PHILADELPHIA
SHAWNEE, OKLAHOMA 74801
POSITION: Library Associate/Information Services Department
BEGINNING SALARY: Grade 8, Base ($17.54/hr)
WORKING CONDITIONS: Part-time, hourly position. Number of hours per week will vary based on Branch/Department demand. Must be able to work a flexible schedule which includes evenings and weekends, in addition up to two weeks of "Mandatory New Hire Orientation & Training" located at the Administrative Offices in Norman.
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED: April 28 through May 10, 2021
Performs high-level customer service to Pioneer Library System customers including reference, reader’s advisory, programming and outreach; has working knowledge in the operation of computers and standard office software products; performs other duties as assigned.
- Education and/or experience:
- Bachelor's degree;
- Three years relevant experience;
- Equivalent combination of technical training, education and/or experience may be considered;
- Valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Understands and performs basic functions and tasks of common software programs and email applications;
- Uses and helps others use basic computer hardware;
- Thorough knowledge of library circulation practices and procedures as well as reader’s advisory and reference services and functions;
- Skills in working with public, public speaking and conducting/assisting with various library programs for teens and adults;
- Ability to gain thorough knowledge of Pioneer Library System policies and procedures;
- Strong skills in written and spoken business communications;
- Knowledge of electronic resources, including the internet and database information retrieval;
- Working knowledge in the operation of computers, office machines and standard office software products,;
- Ability to deal with customers in a courteous and diplomatic manner;
- Lift up to 25 lbs; ability to retrieve and replace items from floor level to at least 5 1/2 feet in height;
- Work a flexible schedule which may include evenings and weekends based on fluctuating branch/department demands.
Applications accepted through May 10, 2021. Résumé alone is not sufficient; completed online application form is required. To apply for this position visit www.pioneerlibrarysystem.org – click Jobs@PLS link at bottom of page.
Pioneer Library System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All employees and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other category protected by the law.
Pioneer Library System will make all reasonable accommodations in the application and employment processes. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please contact Elissa Fox at 405-801-4506, or by email, email@example.com.
Inspiring innovation, engagement and learning in our communities