Fiscal and Administrative Services Division Director -- North Dakota State Library -- Bismark, ND
Join our team of dedicated professionals at the State Library where we provide pathways to information and innovation by making connections, strengthening communities and enriching lives!
We offer a rewarding work environment, career development opportunities and an excellent benefit package, including a fully paid family health insurance plan, flexible spending accounts, paid vacation and sick leave, retirement plan, 457 deferred compensation plan, and voluntary insurance benefits including dental, vision and life insurance.
POSITION: Fiscal and Administrative Services Division Director
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $5,500 - $6,000; dependent on experience
CLOSING DATE TO APPLY: May 10, 2021(extended)
Summary of Work
- Plan, coordinate and evaluate all aspects of Fiscal Services Division. Manage administrative operations of the division.
- Responsible for agency budget development and monitoring, administrative services, grant administration and overseeing federal funds and programs.
- Communicate positively, efficiently and effectively in regard to the development and delivery of services as well as implementation of policies and procedures.
- Supervise five personnel within Fiscal Services Division; assisting with hiring, training and evaluation processes for employees.
- Be responsible for procurement / purchasing for the agency.
- Collect and compile reports on department statistics and serve on the agency's Executive Leadership Team.
- Approximately 10% of time may be spent in travel to attend professional development and training related opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree with major in business administration or accounting
- 5 years of professional accounting / fiscal management experience
- 3 years of management experience which included supervision of staff
- Possess valid driver's license
- Experience with the development, evaluation and maintenance of administrative programs, policies and procedures.
- Experience with compliance of administrative, legal and legislative directives, policies, rules and regulations.
All applications for open State Library positions must be made via the State of ND Careers site: www.nd.gov/careers. Paper submissions will not be accepted. Application materials must be received by 11:59 PM on the posted closing date. Incomplete applications will not be considered. All potential applicants must attach and/or upload the following documents in a .pdf, .doc or .docx format.
- Cover letter that includes a brief description of the applicant’s background/qualifications
- Unofficial transcripts
- Three work-related references
Due to access to restricted information, the successful candidate will be required to complete a satisfactory criminal background check.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. The State Library does not provide sponsorships.
Contact Hope Wedul, HR Officer at 701-328-3357 or email@example.com for more information, accommodation or assistance in the application or interview process.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), genetics, religion, age or disability in employment or the provisions of services and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.