Programming Specialist -- Pioneer Library System -- Norman, OK
PIONEER LIBRARY SYSTEM
300 NORMAN CENTER COURT
NORMAN, OK 73072
POSITION: Programming Specialist
BEGINNING SALARY: Grade 9, Base ($41,520/yr)
WORKING CONDITIONS: Full-time position, 40 hr/wk. Must be able to work a flexible schedule which may include evenings and weekends, in addition up to two weeks of "Mandatory New Hire Orientation & Training" located at the Administrative Offices in Norman.
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED: April 16 through April 26, 2021
Under the direction of the Director of Community Engagement and Learning: develops programs and supports staff; schedules presenters; collects programming data; performs other duties as assigned.
- Education and/or experience:
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university;
- Three years relevant experience;
- Equivalent combination of technical training, experience and/or education may be considered;
- Valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understands and performs basic functions and tasks of common software programs and email applications;
- Knowledge of office procedures, clerical work, skills in typing and filing;
- Thorough knowledge of live and virtual programming practices and procedures;
- Knowledge of community needs and user behavior in virtual environments;
- Ability to gain thorough knowledge of Pioneer Library System policies and procedures;
- Working knowledge in the operation of computers and office equipment, standard office software products, electronic resources, internet and database information retrieval;
- Strong skills in written and spoken communications, and interpersonal relationships;
- Ability to deal with customers and co-workers in a pleasant and courteous manner;
- Lift up to 25 lbs; retrieve and replace items from floor level to at least 5 1/2 feet in height;
- Work a flexible schedule which may include evenings and weekends.
Applications accepted through April 26, 2021. Résumé alone is not sufficient; completed online application form is required. To apply for this position visit www.pioneerlibrarysystem.org – About Us, Jobs@PLS link at bottom of page.
Pioneer Library System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All employees and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other category protected by the law.
Pioneer Library System will make all reasonable accommodations in the application and employment processes. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please contact Elissa Fox at 405-801-4506, or by email, email@example.com.